Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Growing old is highly overrated

Well, I just had another birthday. I'm one more year older. It doesn't seem like I'm older, but my joints say otherwise. I always wondered why my parents complained so much about their aching joints, and now I know.

18 years ago, I turned 18. That was back in 1993. What happened to me in 1993? Lets see...
I graduated high school (barely).
I got kicked out of my aunts house where I was living.
I moved in with my manager from the McDonald's where I was working (Thanks Jeff for helping out a guy caught in a bad situation!)
And... I started dating my (then future) wife.

We went out on a several dates, and to be honest, I don't remember much about the dates themselves. I just remember being with her. Thanks for all the great memories dear!

Wow, I have had 36 birthdays in my time here on this planet. That's as opposed to my time spent on other planets of course. Thinking back, I cannot remember much about my early birthdays. Or even some of the more recent ones for that matter. I know I had them because my Mom has pictures from most (if not all) of them. At several of my birthdays I appear to be eating pizza. Imagine that!

I also don't remember many of the birthday presents I received over the years. One of the most memorable ones I got recently was from my wife - she got me the Star Wars Lego Death Star. Freaking awesome!




Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!


I seriously do not know of any cooler Star Wars Lego set. It took me like 3 weeks to build (I was working full time and in school at the time).


And for my birthday this year, she got me this.



Oh. They've encased him in Carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.


Oh yeah, I know what sort of ice cubes will be in my drinks all summer long!


My wife knows exactly what to get me for my birthdays. As long as it is something from the heart, I will always appreciate it. And if it is anything relating to Star Wars, my inner geek will tremble in joy and happiness and it will be an awesome gift.


Hmm, I guess I still feel like I'm 18 after all. Birthdays are pretty awesome like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment